The OpenClinica Data Mart generates SQL designed to provide easy and flexible access to your study data in the form of a well structured PostgreSQL database. The Data Mart is generated via an XSLT (more info on working with OpenClinica XSLTs) that runs on the CDISC ODM XML that OpenClinica natively produces. You can set-up, run, and access the Data Mart SQL in OpenClinica’s Extract Data module.
Note: Datamart currently does not support non-ASCII characters in CRF name, Response Text, Multi-Select values, and Checkbox values.
Key Features of Data Mart
The OpenClinica Data Mart provides the following key features:
- The tool makes each CRF or group of repeating Items accessible as a separate table.
- The tool combines all versions of a CRF into one table. Fields that are not relevant to each specific record appear as null.
- The tool shows records from Groups with one row per entry, and a connection to the parent CRF.
- The tool stores date Items as the type DATE in the database.
- The user can select the Study, Events, and CRFs to view.
- The order of columns in the data table for a CRF matches the order of Items in the original CRF, with Items from new CRF versions appearing at the end.
- The tool provides continued reliable access to the OpenClinica data even if the OpenClinica database schema changes in the future.
- Single-select or radio button Items can be viewed in text or integer form.
- Each multi-select or checkbox Item appears as a set of Boolean columns, with one column per option.