The OpenClinica Data Mart feature is available in the OpenClinica Enterprise Edition; it is not available in the OpenClinica Community Edition.
The OpenClinica Data Mart presents clinical data from OpenClinica in a readily accessible relational database for reporting and analysis. The Data Mart enables data managers, project managers, and researchers to create reports and mine for data using standard business intelligence software or SQL reporting tools. It structures the data in a way that is intuitive for data managers. Each CRF has its own table. Each repeating group of data Items within a CRF (for example, the log lines from an Adverse Event CRF) has its own table, which can be readily joined to the table for the CRF.
Following are the key features of the OpenClinica Data Mart:
- The tool makes each CRF or group of repeating Items accessible as a separate table.
- The tool combines all versions of a CRF into one table. Fields that are not relevant to each specific record appear as null.
- The tool shows records from Groups with one row per entry, and a connection to the parent CRF.
- The tool stores date Items as the type DATE in the database.
- The user can select the Study, Events, and CRFs to view.
- The order of columns in the data table for a CRF matches the order of Items in the original CRF, with Items from new CRF versions appearing at the end.
- The tool provides continued reliable access to the OpenClinica data even if the OpenClinica database schema changes in the future.
- Single-select or radio button Items can be viewed in text or integer form.
- Each multi-select or checkbox Item appears as a set of Boolean columns, with one column per option.
If you use the OpenClinica Enterprise Edition, see the Data Mart Guide in the Working with OpenClinica Enterprise documentation.