Use the following process to acquire, install, and configure OpenClinca and its software dependencies. In each step, click the link to view detailed instructions for that step:
- Ensure your system complies with software dependencies and operating system requirements.
- Install Java
- Install the database you will use, PostgreSQL or Oracle:
- Follow these instructions to install PostgreSQL.
- If you are using Oracle, you will need to obtain the instructions to install it. OpenClinica does not provide instructions to install Oracle.
- Install Tomcat.
- Install the OpenClinica package.
- Set up the database you installed:
- Configure Tomcat
- Configure the OpenClinica application.
- Start Tomcat.
- Verify the installation.
- Configure Tomcat to use HTTPS: Follow the same instructions as for Linux systems.
After completing the OpenClinica installation, see the Overview of OpenClinica for instructions to start using the application. A good first step is to define one or more users (especially a Study Director), and then build a Study.