Use the following process to acquire, install, and configure OpenClinca and its software dependencies. In each step, click the link to view detailed instructions for that step:
- Ensure your operating system meets the specified requirements
- Download the installation files
- Install Java
- Install Tomcat
- Install the database you will use, either PostgreSQL or Oracle:
- Follow these instructions to install PostgreSQL.
- If you are using Oracle, you will need to obtain the instructions to install it. OpenClinica does not provide instructions to install Oracle.
- Set up the database you installed:
- Deploy OpenClinica within Tomcat
- Set Tomcat to start
- Configure the OpenClinica application
- Restart the system and verify access to OpenClinica
- Configure Tomcat to use HTTPS
- Verify the installation by ensuring you can log in to OpenClinica.
After completing the OpenClinica installation, see the Overview of OpenClinica for instructions to start using the application. A good first step is to define one or more users (especially a Study Director) and then build a Study.