OpenClinica 3.3 Release Plan
The goal of this release is to complete as many Minimally Releaseable Features (MRFs) that are of high value and priority to our customers within the alotted time of the release.
2. Target Release Date
The planned date for the completion of this is 2014-06-13.
The release will be divided into 3 Sprints of 2 week duration. This release shall be date driven, rather than feature driven, so the release date shall remain static, while release content is subject to change.
3. Development Team
The following Scrum team will be responsible for implementing the Minimally Releaseable Features (MRFs) included in this release:
|Alicia Goodwin||Product Owner|
|Chris Connor||QA Manager|
|Jamuna Nyayapathi||Lead Developer|
|Stephen DiBona||Developer / Scrum Master|
|James Bonica||Software Quality Engineer|
|Hiro Honshuku||Software Quality Analyst|
Based on previous releases and current team composition, the predicted Sprint Velocity of this team is 20 Story Points completed per Sprint.
4. Target Environments Supported
The following is a list of environments this Release shall be supported on:
|Environment Name||Deployment||OS||DBMS||Application Server||Java|
|Target Platform 1 (TP1)||Optimized Hosting||Ubuntu 12.04 LTS||PostgreSQL 8.4||Tomcat 7||JDK 7|
|Target Platform 2 (TP2)||On-Premise||Windows Server 2003 R2||PostgreSQL 8.4||Tomcat 7||JDK 7|
|Target Platform 3 (TP3)||On-Premise||CentOS 6.5 (~RHEL 6.4)||PostgreSQL 8.4||Tomcat 7||JDK 7|
5. Areas Under Development
The following are the Minimally Releaseable Features that will be included as part of this release, in order of priority.
- Schedule next event for subject based on current event: Rules can be written and executed to run against a date for the current event to schedule the next event.
- Parameterized Links/Tokens: The ability during CRF design for the author to create text and use predefined tokens which will dynamically substitute the desired metadata and clinical data during data entry.
Because the release is date driven, MRFs towards the bottom of the list could be pushed to the next release if they are not ready on the release date. The list will be updated on an ongoing basis to reflect any changes in priority.
Click here for the complete list of issues tagged for the release.
6. Release Calendar
The following chart depicts the order and timeline in which the User Stories comprising the MRFs shall be implemented. All Stories link back to their corresponding JIRA ticket.
7. Quality Records
The following artifacts shall be produced as part of this release for the Enterprise version of the software.
- Software work product.
- Infrastructure/environment improvements.
- Product documentation to be produced, such as user guides and training materials.
- Quality Records to be produced, including:
- Product Requirements and Specifications
- Test Reports
- Traceability Matrix
- Regulatory Risk Assessment
- Quality Summary Report