Administrators have access to all studies and all sites in your OpenClinica test and production environments. This user type should be assigned to a limited number of users in your organization. Typically, one or two users are assigned the user type of Administrator.
Administrators are the only user type with access to:
- Create a study
- Perform central user administration
- Use the web services interface to:
- Get a list of Participants in a study or site
- Add a Participant or group of Participants to a study or site
APIs may require you to provide Object Identifiers (OIDs) that are specific to your study.
OIDs are are unique identifiers that are automatically generated for objects you create (for example, there is a unique OID for each: Study, Site, Event, Form, Item Group, Item, and Study Participant).
For information on locating any of the OIDs for your study, see Locating Object Identifiers.
Web Service Interface
Web Services provides APIs that allow you to transfer data between systems and perform bulk actions within the system. Only Administrators can use Web Services.
You might use web services to:
- Retrieve clinical data in JSON or XML or PDF
- Import clinical data in XML
- Get Participant data
- Get a list of Participant IDs
- Add a site or study-level Participant
- Add a set of site or study-level Participants
To access the Web Services user interface:
- From the User Menu, select Administration. (This link is only available to users defined with a User Type of Administrator.)
- Click Web Services Information.
You can access the documentation for an API by clicking the API you want to use.
To call an API, click Try it Out, provide the requested information in the displayed fields, and click Execute.
The Responses section shows the results of the operation. If there were any errors in the information you provided, a descriptive error message is listed in the results.
When performing a bulk action, you can access the Bulk Actions Log by clicking Tasks and selecting Bulk Actions Log.
You can view the Bulk Actions Log to check the progress of an action. It also logs information such as Source File Name, Job Type, Site Name, etc. Once an action is complete, you can select View, Download, or Delete.
For more information on Web Services, see the OpenClinica 4 Technical Documentation.