You can update any Discrepancy Note, even if it is assigned to someone else.
To update a Discrepancy Note:
- View the Discrepancy Note in one of these ways:
- Go to the CRF page that contains the Discrepancy Note and click the flag icon for that Item.
- From the Notes and Discrepancies table, click the View icon for the Discrepancy Note.
- In the Discrepancy Note window, click the button that represents the status you are setting the Note to. For example:
- If you will add more information that needs to be reviewed, click Update Note.
- If the information you plan to provide should be enough to allow the Note to be Closed, click Propose Resolution.
- If your User Role allows it and you have enough information, you can close the Discrepancy Note by clicking Close Note.
The window expands, showing fields that allow you to add a thread to the Note.
- Complete the fields: Description, Detailed Note, Status, and if appropriate given the Status value, Assign to User and Email Assigned User. Note that you can specify a user to assign the Discrepancy Note to if the Type is Query or Failed Validation Check.
- Click Submit to save the updated information but keep the window open, or click Submit and Exit to save the updated information and close the window. If you do not want to save any of the information you provided in updating the Note, click the Exit Window link (in the upper right corner).
The Discrepancy Note includes the information you provided as a new child note in the thread. In the CRF and in the Notes and Discrepancies table, the color of the flag icon for that Note changes to reflect the new status.
Example of an Updated Discrepancy Note: