The following information is helpful when working with user accounts in the Administration module:
- User Name: At least five alphanumeric characters. Can include underscores (_). Is case-sensitive. Cannot be the same as any other user name in the system.
- Email: Address for the user. Required for messages that the OpenClinica system sends, such as notification when a job completes, or a temporary password if the user requests a new password.
- Status: The status is “available” if the user can be assigned to Studies and Sites, or “removed” if the user has been removed from the OpenClinica system and cannot be assigned to Studies and Sites.
- Active Study: When you create a user, you assign them to a Study or Site, called the Active Study. After that, you can assign the user to more Studies or Sites, or remove the user from any Study or Site.
- User Type or Business Administrator/Technical Administrator: When you create a user, you assign them a User Type of “user,” “business administrator,” or “technical administrator.” After creating the user, you can change the User Type. For more information, see About User Roles and Types.
- Roles: All Roles the user has in all Studies and Sites in the OpenClinica system. When you first create a user, you assign them a role to the Active Study. After that, you can assign the user to different Roles at other Studies and to Sites within the Studies, and you can change or remove the Role for each Study or Site the user is assigned to. For more information, see About User Roles and Types.
- Owner: The OpenClinica user who created the user whose information you are viewing.
- Authorize SOAP web services in this account: Select this option to allow the user to work on SOAP requests.
- User Password: The system generates an initial, temporary password for a new user. When you select the Send User Password via Email option, the system sends the password to the user’s email address, which you specified as part of creating the user’s account. When you select the Show User Password to Admin option, the system displays the password to you after you complete creating the user or resetting the user password.