These features in the Subject Matrix help you find and organize data for the Study Subjects.
Number of Subjects Per Page
The bottom left corner shows the total number of subjects as well as the number currently in view. When there are more Subjects in the Study than can be listed on the page, use the green arrows above the table to scroll through the pages of Subjects. When there is only one page of Subjects, the arrows are gray.
To change the number of Subjects shown on a page, click the drop-down list next to the arrows and select a value: 15, 25, or 50 per page.
Sort Data By Column
By default, the Subject Matrix is sorted by Study Subject ID, with the lowest ID value first. To sort the data by a column, click the column header. Some columns cannot be sorted on; when a column cannot be sorted on, the cursor does not change shape when you hover over the column header. To reverse the sort order, click the column header again. An arrow next to the column header indicates the current sort order: up for ascending and down for descending.
For example, click Study Subject ID to show data with the highest ID value first, and the lowest value last. The arrow in the column header then points down. Click again to show the lowest value first.
Filter Data to Show Only Matches for Specified Criteria
You can filter the information shown in the Subject Matrix to show only Subjects whose data matches criteria you specify. You can specify criteria for one Event column and any of the other columns:
- For the column whose data you want to filter, click the gray field below the column header.
- If a drop-down list displays, select the value you want from it. If no list displays, type in the string of characters you want to include, and press Enter or click Apply Filter (which is to the right of the gray fields).
- Repeat the above steps to filter by additional columns.
- To remove filtering for a column, either clear the text you typed, or from a drop-down list, select the blank (top) item.
When filtering is applied, the Subject Matrix shows only those Subjects that contain the data you specified.
To clear all filtering and show all data, click Clear Filter (which is to the right of the gray fields).
Example of Sort and Filter in Subject Matrix
When Show More in Subject Matrix is selected, as shown in the previous example image, the following filtering and sorting were performed:
- For Study Subject ID, type CAM in the gray field and press Enter.
The matrix shows only Study Subject IDs that contain CAM.
- For Treatment Group, from the drop-down list in the gray field, select Regimen I. A 1 displays in the field to indicate that value was selected.
The matrix shows only the Subjects whose ID includes CAM and who are assigned to Regimen I.
- For the Initial Treatment Event, from the drop-down list in the gray field, select scheduled.
The matrix shows only the Subjects whose ID includes CAM, who are following Regimen I, and whose Initial Treatment is scheduled.
- Click the Study Subject ID column header to show the highest value first.
The order of the rows changes and a down arrow appears in the column header.
Example of Subject Matrix After Filtering and Sorting: